The Cashier reports to the General Manager of the Cafe and is responsible for providing friendly, responsive service to café guests. The Cashier is the first source of customer contact leaving them with the task of making a positive first impression with everyone who visits the Cafe.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for helping the GTC team provide every guest with an exceptional dining experience.
2. Completes side work at the beginning and end of each shift, including drawer counts.
3. Takes accurate guest orders, processes guest payments, and prepares any drink orders.
4. Responsible for any shortages or overages on their cash drawer.
5. Responsible for keeping a clean work area.
6. Performs other duties as required to help LCHC accomplish its mission.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Requires the ability to do repetitive work without any errors.
2. Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
3. Requires the ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
4. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
5. Requires the desire and ability to keep a positive attitude regardless of circumstances and to take exceptional care of customers.
6. Requires the ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
7. Requires demonstrated integrity, honesty, and accountability in all dealings.
8. Must be self motivated, organized and have a commitment to quality food and guest service.
9. Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission of the Lawndale Christian Health Center.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
High School Diploma Required,
Proficient in Basic Mathematics, Basic
Computer Awareness, Bi-Lingual Preferred but not Required
Lawndale Christian Health Center - 13 months ago