To assist the store management in retail responsibilities, financial transactions, and provide excellent service to customers and donors in retail store location
· Be willing to cross-train in all positions
· Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification, distinguish colors, read price tags, and credit / debit print outs.
· Be able to stock shelves and hang goods on clothing racks.
· Answer questions regarding the store, and its merchandise.
· Describe merchandise and explain use
· Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
· Climb a ladder when necessary to clean windows, change air filters, and stock shelves.
· Ensure excellent cleanliness of the store, including restrooms, donation center, and back room.
· Provide assistance in loss prevention procedures and assist store managers in internal and external loss prevention efforts.
· Ability to use our POS system.
· Ability to account for transactions of cash, credit cards, and gift certificate transactions.
· Ensure all Loss/Prevention policies are met and carried out.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
· High school education preferred and/no prior experience necessary.
· Ability to accept responsibility and accountability of one’s actions.
· Ability to comprehend and complete assigned tasks in an efficient pace.
· Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
· Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others and a high quality of appearance.
· Ability to communicate efficiently and clearly.
· Ability to read and write.
· Ability to handle cash, credit cards, and gift certificate transactions.
Special Working Conditions:
Scheduled days off may vary and are subject to change. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Must be willing to work at nearby other retail stores of our organizations at manager’s discretion, if the need arises.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, reach, lift, carry, push, pull, and etc.
- Ability to perform any actions necessary to perform work duties.
- Ability to move work loads up to fifty (50) pounds.
Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ, Inc. - 13 months ago