Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines
- Serves as ambassador of goodwill while working and at customer and public relations functions; appears in publicity photos
- Promotes casino events and programs
- Provides personalized service and uses guest name
- Resolves service problems according to guidelines
- Provides fast, friendly, professional beverage service to casino guests and beverage servers. (e.g., 2 minute or less production cycle for 15 drink tray)
- Prepares and pours drink orders with proper portions and ingredients according to recipe, communicates with beverage servers, and presents drinks to guests or servers as required
- Slices and pits fruit as required
- Operates and maintains all equipment and utensils as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures
- Operates a cash register/POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Works well with others, especially beverage servers, bartenders, barbacks, beverage supervisor, and slots supervisor
- Maintains a clean and stocked workstation in accordance with established health and safety guidelines
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Count money and change correctly
- Knows cocktail ingredients and proper mixing and pouring techniques
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 30+ days ago