Category Manager/SME, Category Management, Credit and Data Services-13004504
This position is part of Financial, Insurance and Professional Services global category management function, which is intended to:
- Maximize American Express’s purchasing power, by developing and driving global category, supplier and global sourcing strategies, across the Credit and Data spend category to reduce total expenses and optimize leverage.
- Establish and implement comprehensive and consistent category management methodology and plan.
- Lead negotiations, contracting and implementing large, global deals to maximize cost benefits.
- Build strong partnerships with key business unit leaders to drive early engagement.
- Provide industry expertise, thought leadership and consultative insights around expense management solutions
This Position requires strong subject matter expertise in sourcing, negotiating and the contracting processes. Strong legal knowledge and ability to interpret business issues and regulatory requirements to recommend best practices. Ability to handle a high work load and effectively juggle competing demands. Background in Credit and Data Services a plus.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of drafting complex contracts and use of negotiation tactics. Ensures contracts integrate stakeholders' requirements and mitigates American Express risk. Develops and leads the negotiation strategy towards American Express objectives.
- Develop, support & implement holistic, enterprise-wide, global strategic category management strategies and plans. Maintains knowledge of spend category, supply base and industry trend
-Engages stakeholders in strategic sourcing process. Partners with stakeholders to create shared sourcing solutions, specific deliverables and clear expectations. Asks strategic questions to gather complete information regarding stakeholder requirements to differentiate wants versus needs.
- Monitors/Ensures compliance while capturing reengineering cost savings, cost avoidance and value creation opportunities.
- Identifies and defines sourcing options based on the application of American Express strategic sourcing process. Uses and coaches others on using the appropriate RFx, contract and departure templates.
- Develops and leads American Express RFP evaluation process for complex (high spend/high risk) sourcing opportunities.
- Manages complex contracts and supplier relationships through use of contract administration tools, supplier review meetings, metrics reporting and supplier improvement programs.
- Enlists the involvement and support of senior executives and business unit stakeholders to achieve objectives for supplier management and development processes, tools and programs.
- Three or more years of experience in procuring goods or services using a strategic sourcing process.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Business Mgt, Supply Chain Mgt, Finance is desirable). Law degree, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Familiarity with Ariba tools preferred.
The incumbent should demonstrate mastery of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills, balanced with proven track record of delivering tangible results in complex, global, and matrix work environment.
- Direct experience in leading complex negotiations and contracting efforts, including understanding tradeoffs between strategic and financial drivers and contractual protections.
- High degree of creativity to identify and assess key drivers of success, implications of alternatives and recommendations for execution.
-Ability to operate autonomously and make complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure.
- Outstanding relationship and communication skills with ability to collaborate and influence across levels with internal and external partners (including very senior executives in both sides) and across geographic markets. .
- Effectively plan and leverage all available resources (i.e. – global performance management, procurement utility, etc.). Ability to lead cross functional project teams to develop, market and align conclusions with business partners
- Strong process/analytical skills, a high level of financial and business acumen.
- Strong project management skills with proven experience in successfully managing and executing multiple, large-scale initiatives.
- Effective leadership skills and commitment to mentoring, coaching, and developing a team of direct and, potentially, matrix reports.
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence.
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced, and at times unstructured environment and maintain flexibility to meet the changing needs of the customer, business units, and American Express.
- Ability to successfully manage time pressure, work against deadlines, and deliver strong results on schedule; ability to prioritize based on customer or business need, urgency, and/or importance; ability to effectively integrate and align with internal business partners.
Primary Location: US-New York
American Express - 11 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...