The primary purpose of this position is to manage the assortment, sales, markdowns, margins, net profit, and inventory of specific product categories. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
This position directly supervises Associate Category Managers, Analysts, Buyers, and Administrative Assistants and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training, directing, rewarding, and appraising associate performance.
- Analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales results.
- Develop assortment plans by product group.
- Manage category advertising including assortment, product mix, sales, and gross margins.
- Oversee the inventory management of product life cycles, including promotional purchases.
- Develop off-shelf promotions.
- Interact with suppliers for product assortment selection.
- Create and manage category sales plans by reviewing actual sales.
- Oversee incremental income such as advertising, cooperatives, markdown monies, coupon redemption, single check rebate, scan backs, and temporary price reductions.
- Develop and implement category and product line business strategies.
- Participate in vendor trade shows.
Experience / Requirements:
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
The following qualities are helpful:
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to education and experience required.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft ® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Actively participate and/or serve on boards and/or committees, i.e. SAB, NACDS.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Business, plus five (5) to seven (7) years' experience in retail buying and two (2) years experience in a Category Manager role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, the associate should have retail store management experience.
Rite Aid - 12 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...