As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country - Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, owns and operates ten e-commerce websites, the most well-known being Diapers.com (baby care) and Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), as well as BeautyBar.com, Wag.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com, Vine.com, AfterSchool.com, Bookworm.com and Look.com. We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture and the experience for our customers..
Quidsi is looking for a Merchandising / Category Manager to be responsible for sourcing/buying and merchandising for one of our newest sites, casa.com focusing on the kitchen, décor and dining categories. We are looking for the right individual to help us drive category growth and margin through assortment planning, vendor negotiations, onsite merchandising and inventory management.
ASSORTMENT PLANNING, PRICING, AND LAUNCH STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
· Develop and execute optimal category strategy, product assortment, pricing, promotions, and merchandising plans for launch and ongoing expansion
· Perform financial analysis of business categories and provide insights of sales, pricing, and other ongoing opportunities for growing the business
· Develop on-line merchandising and promotion proposals and calendar to achieve sales targets
· Develop business rules to support ongoing online merchandising leveraging our online search and merchandising capabilities
· Oversee initial product set-up
· Update and maintain vendor/item database as necessary
· Work with existing vendor base to negotiate terms improvement, develop new incentive programs, and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods to our fulfillment centers
· Ensure profitability by accurate forecasting and close monitoring of procurement margin
· Establish new direct accounts in support of selection expansion and margin improvement
· Lead supplier/publisher business reviews
INVENTORY & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
· Project sales by SKU, and work with supply chain to purchase inventory required to support sales
· Partner with supply chain team to manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flows (including the forecasting, purchasing, and return of new and catalog products). Involves determining and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three or more years of experience in the retail industry ideally in ecommerce focusing on the home space
- Ability to spot trends (new products, styles, brands) in the marketplace and in merchandise.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written.)
- Superb business judgment with a desire to build and manage their own business.
- Work well in and lead cross-functional teams, e.g., operations, planning, supply chain, etc. to drive business goals.
- A track record of developing new vendor relationships with strong negotiation and relationship management (both internal and external) skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong analytical acumen and comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, analyses.
- Understanding of key metrics, including markup, margin, sell thru, open to buy and seasonal demand curves.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills while managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), as well as an agility with web-based software applications and internally-developed systems.
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station. Bordering the Hudson River, our offices have spectacular panoramic views of Manhattan and New Jersey.
Quidsi Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...