Rockwater Overview : Rockwater Energy Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries provide fluids management and environmental solutions to the energy industry throughout the U.S. and Western Canada. Our mission is to provide services and products that maximize oil and gas production and reduce costs while minimizing environmental footprint.
We are an exciting, new Company formed on June 1, 2011. We have approximately 3,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada. We sincerely hope you will consider Rockwater and its subsidiaries as your next employer. The future is very bright at Rockwater.
We strive to be a “Great Place to Work" where Challenge and Opportunity are part of our daily experience. We are an organization where dedication, hard work, good judgment, and results are recognized and rewarded. If you are looking for a Job , don’t apply here. If, however, you are looking for a C areer where you can use your talent and make a contribution, please consider this exciting opportunity!!!
Title: Category Manager - Chemicals
Business Unit: Fluids Technology
Region: South Central
Location: Houston, TX
Reports To: Director of Strategic Sourcing
Position Overview :
This position is a strong contributor in the strategic sourcing activities supporting Rockwater’ s Fluids Technologies Chemical Raw Material needs which includes sourcing goods and occasional services needed to ensure continuing operating performance , with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels.
- Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories according to group guidelines.
- Work with Strategic sourcing and the operations purchasing teams to streamline and improve sourcing processes
- Contribute significantly to departmental cost savings and containment goals
- Maintain reporting metrics for the assigned Chemical Raw Materials and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact.
- Develop and implement commodity strategies and establish and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure successful implementation and support
- Routinely monitor supply contract compliance
- Manage supplier development/relationships to ensure continuity of goods and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company
- Develop negotiations strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives while simultaneously maintaining the high ethical standards of the company
- Drive improvement of procurement efficiency and effectiveness throughout the company
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the assigned spend areas
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization with the highest level of integrity, honesty, and transparency
- Lead cross-functional negotiating teams targeting key spend categories
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
- Actively support Rockwater Energy Solutions’ strong safety culture
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management/Business/Chemical Engineering or related field required
- Significant exposure to chemical operations
- Successful 5 year track record in a global procurement organization or chemical manufacturing operations
- Petrochemical industry experience
- Oilfield/Energy related experience
- Experience working in a chemical manufacturing organization
- Strong collaborative and communications skills
- An ability to concentrate on meeting objectives and performance
- Strong processes development and management skills
- Comfort/familiarity with constructing presentations, organization communications, and business cases
- Strong analytical capabilities and negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and finishing skills
- Experience with complex MRP systems
- Respectful – You treat others the way you would like to be treated.
- Integrity – You exercise good judgment, follow the rules, and are honest in all that you do.
- Safety-focused – You put safety concerns ahead of convenience, expedience, or haste.
- Excellence – You set high goals and accept responsibility for the results.
- Effectiveness – You can be relied on to deliver timely and successful results.
- Teamwork & Communication – You work well with teammates and keep them informed.
- Initiative & Decisiveness – You can take appropriate action without being asked.
- Enthusiasm – You have a sincere interest and exuberance in your work.
Rockwater offers a competitive salary structure, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We offer a choice of comprehensive medical plans, dental insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, 401k with an employer matching contribution, paid time off, as well as other benefits.
Rockwater and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
You can apply for this opportunity by sending your resume and salary history/requirements to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Thank you very much for your interest in Rockwater and its family of companies. We will contact candidates passing an initial screening of all resumes received.
Rockwater Energy Solutions - 7 months ago