As a member of our Philip's Wal-Mart Team, you will represent the #1 brand in power toothbrushes, Sonicare, and the fastest growing baby feeding brand, Avent to Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart.com and Sam's Club. As the strategic advisor on the businesses, we challenge you to provide thought leadership and guidance to both internal and external customers. You will use category, and shopper insights data to create a clear direction for the category to align Wal-Mart and Philips' strategies and tactics, and will work collaboratively with Shopper Insights, the Wal-Mart Sales Team, U.S. Headquarter Category Management, and Sales Planning and Strategy to drive our business forward.
Additionally you will:
- Develop category strategy and assist Wal-Mart buyers with integrated category strategy development.
- Have dedicated ownership of Oral Health Care and Mother/Child Care Categories, while supporting team and categories across all Philips CLNA at Wal-Mart by providing strategic and tactical recommendations to Wal-Mart buyers on the Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing goals to improve category performance.
- Be responsible for developing customer specific presentation of relevant consumer/shopper insights, competitive responses, and new item/category selling modules.
- Develop compelling selling stories to support strategic category and brand initiatives.
- Interact regularly with senior Sales, Brand and Consumer & Customer Insights Development team to develop strategic recommendations based on data analysis and insights.
- Provide senior-level briefings on key findings and provides guidance on potential strategies to leverage insights.
- Provide input into customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category and shopper trends, competitive issues, etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with Wal-Mart's buyers and Wal-Mart cross functional partners.
- Understand the unique characteristics and challenges of various retail channels and their implications and opportunities for Philip's categories and their impact on the Wal-Mart business.
- Ensure continuous skill building within the function through the introduction of new tools and practices to attain and maintain thought leadership in the category management discipline.
- Be creative and skilled in using non-traditional ways to get data and insights for channels and businesses that are limited in data from traditional means.
You will work to extend the impact and capabilities of the local category management team in conjunction with the Director of Category Management. In a matrix environment, you may work with many cross-functional groups or teams at the customer, customer team, U.S. and World Headquarter level (e.g. Strategy Managers, Sales teams, Joint Business Planning Team and Brand Teams, etc.)Headquartered in Amsterdam, Philips CL team is made up of a highly talented and multi-national workforce that is approximately of 25,000 strong, and spans over 50 countries with sales in more than 100 countries. We are proud to claim market leadership positions for cutting edge solutions in the business areas of Personal Care, Oral Care, Shaving and Grooming, Mother & Child Care, and Coffee. Philips is home to popular brands such as Sonicare, AirFloss, Norelco, Avent, and Saeco.
Philips Consumer Lifestyle (CL) business offers rich, new consumer experiences that meet consumers' desire for wellness and pleasure throughout each part of their day and during key milestones throughout their life. We are a highly entrepreneurial organization, passionate about developing innovations that meet consumer's personal health & well-being needs in a unique way, relative to their Mind, Body, and Appearance. Philips CL Group is one of three market-driven sectors within Royal Philips Electronics that delivers lifestyle solutions aimed at improving the lives of 3B people a year by 2025, and provides a unique opportunity for each employee to create their legacy in life through their work in a way that is personally meaningful to them.
What We Are Looking For
Candidate must possess strong technical, sophisticated analytical and reporting skills, category, consumer, & shopper knowledge, communication skills, business acumen, problem solving, project management, and influencing skills.
If you are interested in an array of development and growth opportunities to demonstrate your impact both personally and professionally, come create your legacy here. www.philips.com/na/careers
- Syndicated data experience with IRI or Nielsen. NPD experience a plus.
- Confidence preparing and presenting convincing, fact based/strategic recommendations
- Strong understanding of shopper insight proposition and techniques, and a track record of delivering a commercial view of research projects
- Space Management software knowledge (ProSpace/Intercept, Apollo or Spaceman)
- Deep and broad understanding of retail industry trends and movements
- 5+ years experience in a consumer packaged goods company
- Microsoft Office, advanced ability with Excel, PowerPoint, Database reporting - Shiloh, Vision Chain, or DME experience a plus.
- MBA or similar experience preferred
Philips is an equal opportunity employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dh2yd6j