TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CAREER…
The best people are the best ingredients for our World Class company. Add yourself to the mix at The Boston Beer Company.
Just like our beer is the result of the perfect mix to the finest ingredients and products, our world-class company is the result of the perfect combination of high quality talent.
The Boston Beer Company is constantly looking to add “new ingredients” to increase the quality of our organization. That “new ingredient” could be you!
We are currently looking for a Manager of Category Management .
The Manager of Category Management position focuses on delivering BBC category management goals (shelf and lead brand philosophies) to the retail community, focusing on a prioritized retailer list.
Ingredients To Be A Successful Category Manager:
- Help deliver distribution goals in targeted accounts.
- Develop and maintain a national strategy with BBC senior management, BBC brand team, Director of Off-Premise for management of the beer category and the execution of shelf space, merchandising and promotional within the retail community.
- Develop and maintain Craft Captain or Craft Validator position with strategic account partners and other prioritized accounts.
- Manage, develop and make recommendations regarding category management assets – analysts, data, training, outside contractors to implement BBC category vision in targeted retail accounts.
- Create and deliver effective category management presentation for three audiences – BBC, wholesalers and retailers.
- Be the category management leader for Support all BBC teams and support all questions and inquiries.
- Manage LM, POS and T&E budgets to plan.
- Prioritize, delegate, manage and execute category and space management work.
- Do actual set work with analyst.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with BBC Allied Brand team, Division Managers and RMs.
- Benchmark progress with recommendations monthly to SNAM, Director, RMs and Division Manager.
- Review execution effectiveness and make recommendations.
- Deliver presentation to retailers and wholesalers to help sell in BBC action plans and strategies.
- Become Category Management certified by CMA
- Build fact based sets using JDA software.
To Be Mixed With:
- Must have a college degree
- Minimum of 8 years in Consumer Package Sales, Adult alcohol industry strongly preferred
- Previous national account team experience a plus
- People management experience
- Working understanding of Category Management concepts.
- JDA software experience and the ability to do fact based set recommendations
- Must be able to lift one case of beer, build displays and reset shelves.
- Willingness to travel: approximately 50% based on need
And Served to You With...
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, a competitive compensation package, a car allowance and an expense budget.