Superior Water Light & Power
Department: Gas & Water Distribution
Close Date: 02/06/2013
- Installs and/or repairs gas and water mains and services.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains fire hydrants and gas and water system valves.
- Installs new fire hydrant equipment. Extends gas and water mains and services.
- Protects public safety by making timely and effective repairs to gas and water distribution system.
- Provides oversight to contractor work and ensures compliance with company standards and safety practices.
- Makes repairs and restores excavation sites on customer premises and public property.
- Ensure customer goodwill is maintained while working on customer premises, public property, and in public view.
- Performs duties of a like or lesser grade which may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience on gas or water systems required. Relevant experience includes the installation and repair of water or gas distribution systems.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Class A CDL within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to be qualified under the Company Operator Qualification plan.
- Must successfully complete physical work screen, which includes ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- May be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Job Location : Superior Water, Light & Power Company - Superior, Wisconsin
Qualified applicants may complete a job profile and apply at www.allete.com. Click on 'Careers'
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
Minnesota Power/ALLETE - 14 months ago
ALLETE provides light to the northern climes. Most of its business is classified within its regulated operations, which include electric,...