Dannon is always looking for talented professionals to help us grow our business. If you are interested in being considered for a Cell Owner/Production Supervisor position at one of our plants (Minter, OH/Ft Worth, TX/ West Jordan, UT/ or Portland, OR) please apply to this posting and we will contact you as opportunities become available. Please be sure to indicate your desired location(s).
In this role you will be accountable for:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Driving day-to-day Cell (production unit) operational performance, including KPIs for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation and Nature.
- Supervising, Leading and developing a team of salaried and bargaining unit personnel (15-30 employees) on approximately 5 high-speed yogurt filling lines.
- Administering daily direction setting processes and managing line performance using the SIM Process (ie. Line Tours, Downtime Tracking, Losses Tracking, QAR Completion).
- Creating appropriate action plans for daily KPI results and leading daily review meetings with peer group and superiors.
- Reviewing employee performance, recommending staffing requirements, assuring proper training and recommending disciplinary action of employees (ie, Disciplinary Action Reports, OPLs, SOPs).
- Anticipating and overcoming prod uction related problems, material shortages, equipment malfunctions and unavoidable delays where possible and plan to reduce their impact on the operation.
- Leading efforts in maintaining the highest food safety standards on the packaging floor and recommending improvements as needed (ie. Kleanze, CIP, HACCP, AIB, GMP).
- Managing Labor/OT via a time and attendance reporting system.
- BS. Degree and a minimum of 5-7 years experience or proven experience equivalent.
- Leadership experience as Manager or Supervisor in a fast-paced manufacturing organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously.
- Packaging equipment experience and technical understanding.
- Ability to motivate a team of employees while being “self-motivated.”
- Occasional shift flexibility (nights, weekends as necessary for coverage).
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting, conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desirable but not essential:
- Dairy experience.
- Previous leadership in a union environment.
- Experience in lean manufacturing methodologies.
The DANNON Company, one of the fastest growing consumer product companies in the US, is part of Groupe Danone, a world leader in the food and beverage industry. Established in the US in 1942, DANNON is America’s premier fresh dairy company offering consumers a wide variety of brands and products. We are committed to bringing health to the greatest number of people across America through our product’s benefits.Our corporate culture and core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and teamwork. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our products, our way of doing business and our relationships with the wider world. Most of all you can see it reflected in our culture and our people. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Stay updated with our latest job opportunities: Follow us on Facebook, http://on.fb.me/dannon-jobs