Stag's Leap Wine Cellars has an immediate opening for a full time, hourly, Cellar Worker Grade II to assist with the production of Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars wines.
• Wash and sanitize all wine contact equipment.
• Stack, unstack, and chock, barrels.
• Complete work orders , measurements, formulas, etc.
• Move, rack, blend, fine, filter, and complete additions to wine.
• Evaluate wine surface and headspace for films and off-aromas.
• Prepare and breakdown bottling.
• Operate all crush equipment including presses. Shovel pomace.
• Operate a forklift.
• Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
• Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly required to roll, move, and/or lift 60-gallon empty wine barrels when needed.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Ability to read and understand all Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to follow work orders and written instructions
• Ability to accurately calculate figures.
• Valid CA Driver’s License and clean DMV report.
• Must be a certified or able to be certified in forklift operation.
• Ability to work nights and/or weekends during the harvest season or as business requires.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• At least one year previous wine or beverage production experience.
• Projects take place both indoors and outdoors where temperatures can range from cold to hot depending on the season.
• Noise level is usually moderate.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates - 18 months ago
"As American as baseball," could be a phrase coined by UST. Through U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (USSTC), UST manufactures and...