- Graduate of an accredited school or college of nursing
- Appropriate licensure is required
- MA RN license required
- 3-5 years experience is required
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, oversees and manages the daily operations of the Mercy LIFE program including operations of the day center, clinic, social work, rehabilitation, recreation, and dietary. Ensures appropriate personnel are trained and perform their functions within the organization. Assures operational services standards and budgetary criteria are met. Ensures operations are in compliance with all governing regulations. To ensure continuity of operations, assumes the Executive Director’s responsibilities in her/his absence. Assumes the responsibility of the Center Manager until such time that participant census requires the addition of a full or part-time Center Manager. In conjunction with the Executive Director and the Quality Improvement Director maintains the stability and reputation of Mercy LIFE by insuring that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal contracts, regulations, laws, accreditation, protocol, licensing and certification requirements governing Mercy LIFE operations. In conjunction with Executive Director, responsible for maintaining compliance with all state and federal program requirements, and obtaining and maintaining certification under Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and any other state or federal law or rules. Assists in the development and implementation of the Mercy LIFE Strategic Plan. Assists in program development and preparation of Mercy LIFE’s short-range and long-term plans, budgets and related information systems based on broad organization goals and growth objectives. Is a member of the Mercy LIFE Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and acts as facilitator of IDT plan of care meetings. Coordinates the Interdisciplinary Team’s care management process to ensure best decisions are made regarding the participant’s changing condition. Ensures the coordination of home health, rehabilitative, long-term care and medical/specialty services, according to participant care plans. Provides administrative on-call coverage on a rotational basis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation. Knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, or a health or human services field, or Registered Nursing degree/diploma required. Professional license and Masters Degree preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of health care experience, and three (3) years of management experience, preferably in a geriatric care setting required. A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly population. Shall have either training or related experience in the job assigned. Must be knowledgeable of the physical, mental, and social needs of the elderly and be a professional in one of the following: Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Recreation Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Dietetics, or Gerontology.
S kills and knowledge required may include:
· Working knowledge of the PACE and Massachusetts ambulatory care regulations
· Working knowledge of MA healthcare and aging networks
· Demonstrated effective leadership and decision-making skills
· Effective supervisory skills
· Ability to foster collaborative working relationships
· Strong group facilitation skills
· Working knowledge of physical, mental, and social needs of the frail elderly and their families.
· Working knowledge of quality improvement and care management systems
· Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to complex issues
· Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and follow-up on delegate responsibilities.
· Grasp of the knowledge base from which various disciplines assess the needs of the elderly population
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Working knowledge of local health care and geriatric service networks.
· Working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, word processing, and EHR.
Sisters of Providence Health System
- 2 years ago - save job