Responsible for processing all scheduling correspondence, including appointments, messages and other requests, in an efficient and accurate manner, both in person and over the telephone. Obtains and furnishes information from other departments, patients and the public.
- Books, coordinates and reschedules patients’ appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
- Maintains and updates current information on all physicians’ schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Prepares and mails new patient packet three days or more in advance of appointment.
- Verifies patient demographic and insurance information with each patient. Corrects information, if necessary. Informs patient of account balance, if appropriate.
- Answers incoming calls in a courteous manner, determines needed information and directs calls accordingly.
- Reminds patients of needed information in advance of appointment, including insurance cards, all medications and an authorization from their insurance company, if required.
- May collect payments from patients and forward information to the Business Office.
- Disposes of patient information in a proper manner to ensure confidentiality.
- Works in other offices as needed.
- Education: High School diploma or GED required.
- Licensure/Certification: None.
- Experience: Minimum of two years' related work experience required (medical office setting preferred). Knowledge of medical office terminology desirable. Must have proficient computer skills.
Arkansas Heart Hospital - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard