This position is located in Coronado.
8 hour shift: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, working every other weekend.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- C.N.A. – completion of an approved nursing assistant course
- Current CPR certification
- Current certification as Nursing Assistant for long-term care and skilled nursing
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform all baseline resident/patient care
- One year recent experience in geriatric setting or one year recent experience in an acute care hospital
- Rehab nursing experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Will be oriented to work in all long term care units: sub-acute, TCU, custodial, hospice.
Complete and assists residents with activities of daily living. Complete delegated tasks within scope of practice and within the designated time frame. Demonstrate the ability to prioritize workload in accordance with residents' needs. Effectively communicates resident care activities, outcomes and changes to other members of the interdisciplinary team through clear documentation and/or verbal report. Maintain a safe working environment for residents, families and other members of the health care team. Consistently utilizes safe work habits. Maintain resident privacy and confidentiality.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Keywords, 53484 Certified Nursing Assistant-CNA
Sharp Healthcare - 5 months ago