The Germantown, Maryland office of Greenhorne & O’Mara, now Stantec, has an opportunity for a Certified Arborist in the Infrastructure & Design Department. This position is a temporary position that is expected to last a minimum of six (6) months.
The candidate must have these basic qualifications/requirements:
Preferred skills that will assist the candidate in succeeding in the role are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three (3) years of field experience in the urban forestry or forestry field, OR have a Bachelor’s Degree in forestry or a forestry related field
- Certified Arborist (CA) certification with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in forestry or a forestry related field
Greenhorne & O’Mara, now Stantec, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Inspect street trees and maintain records in accordance with MD-DNR, ANSI A-300, and OSHA guidelines and other applicable codes and specifications
- Meet with representatives of government agencies or public utility companies and responds to citizen inquiries by correspondence, phone and in person
- Operate portable computer and other equipment for communications, data recording and other purposes, as well as vehicle to be used for transportation to and from job sites
- Operate customary hand tools such as: diameter tape, measuring wheel, etc.
Greenhorne & O’Mara, Inc. - 8 months ago