Position Overview: Certified Crane Operator is a skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical transmission systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates boom trucks and cranes.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Inspects the crane or boom truck
- Inspects cribbing and outriggers
- Drives and operates the cranes and boom trucks
- Oversees the set up of the crane or boom truck
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL.
- Must possess a crane certified operator’s card.
- Must possess a DOT certification.
- Reads load charts and rigging.
- Knows correct rigging techniques.
- Must be willing to learn all aspects of linework.
- Must be competent in writing up lift plans.
- 3-5 years experience required.
- 5-10 years of experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel on short notices, including staying out of town when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- When not operating the crane or boom truck must assist Foreman and crew with:
oTamp pole holes
- Able to frequently use hand tools: wrenches, hammer screw drivers
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work or be exposed to oil, grease, dirt, mud, dust, diesel fuel, etc. on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work or be exposed to poison ivy, oak ticks, etc. on a seasonal basis.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
- Must learn the task/duties of a Groundman, Class C Lineman, and Heavy Equipment Operator.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pike Electric Corporation is a provider of outsourced electric distribution and transmission services in the United States. It performs...