Certified Industrial Hygienist - FBI
Consolidated Safety Services, Inc. (CSS) has an immediate opening for a full time Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to provide industrial hygiene services at our client site, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Washington, DC. The candidate must have at least five years of industrial hygiene experience. They also must have professional knowledge of the theory and application of industrial hygiene principles, as well as experience performing quantitative and qualitative data collection, measurement of exposures for a variety of chemical, physical and biological stressors, the analysis and interpretation of data, and the ability to predict probable effects of exposures on health of workers. The candidate must have the ability to make recommendations for appropriate selection of hazard controls, including engineering controls, personal protective equipment, training, and referral for medical surveillance. The position requires a team-oriented professional with strong organization skills as well as excellent writing and oral communication skills.
1. BS degree in Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline
2. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
3. US Citizenship.
4. Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
5. Detail oriented.
6. Experience working with and knowledge of ES&H standards and regulations.
7. Effective written and oral communication skills.
8. Computer skills including: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
9. Demonstrated ability to work as a solid contributor in a team environment.
1. Capable of multi-tasking and changing direction depending on work load.