Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
- Daily interaction with patients, families, guardians and coworkers to assist with patient care. Accurately takes and records vital signs, blood pressure, heights/lengths, weights, head circumferences and abdominal girths
Performs EKG's. Assists with vision testing, hearing testing and other office procedures. Performs venipunture. Processes all specimens accurately. Administers vaccinations/injections under physician supervision with required order and documents chart with medication, lot#, injection site and all other required information. Completes appropriate information into EHR.
Skills & Abilities:
- Coordinates flow of patients, places patients in exam rooms and notifies physicians and nurses when ready.
- Maintains exam rooms, equipment and toys. Cleans up exam room, changes paper on beds and scales, cleans equipment, restocks supplies and discards trash after each patient. Wipes down all examination beds with hospital approved cleaning solutions daily, equipment weekly. Replace disposable blood pressure cuffs weekly or as needed. Maintains sufficient inventory of medical supplies. Orders supplies as needed.
- Ensures cleanliness of office suite, adheres to JCAHO, OSHA and all other regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all results and clinical reports are filed in chart for review. Calls offices for reports and records as needed.
- Assists with office work including, scanning and abstracting documentation into the EHR preparing charts, filing, chart copying, answering telephones fax distribution and submissions, schedules patients, tracks and follows up on no-show appointments to the clinic. Calls patients, informs physician and documents on chart. Maintains current problem list in the patient's EHR record.
- Assists with the scheduling process as necessary.
- Provides coverage to insure proper staffing when necessary.
- Assists Physicians, Director of Operations and Practice Coordinator with daily function of department.
- Demonstrates ability
- Enjoys working with children
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks and assignments
- Demonstrates active involvement as a team member
- Must have the ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, developmental, social, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the practice.
Training & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Graduate from accredited medical assistant program
- Medical assistant certification (CMA)
- Pediatric experience preferred, bilingual helpful
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
Shift begin time
Shift end time
- 2 years ago - save job