Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
- Accurately takes and records vital signs, blood pressure, heights/lengths, weights, head circumferences and abdominal girths
Assists with vision testing, hearing testing and other office procedures. Performs venipunture. Processes all specimens accurately. Administers vaccinations/injections under physician supervision with required order and documents chart with medication, lot#, injection site and all other required information
Skills & Abilities:
- Coordinates flow of patients, places patients in exam rooms and notifies physicians and nurses when ready.
- Maintains exam rooms and equipment. Cleans up exam room, changes paper, cleans equipment, restocks supplies and discards trash after each patient. Maintains sufficient inventory of medical supplies. Orders supplies as needed.
- Ensures cleanliness of office suite, adheres to JCAHO, OSHA and all other regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all results and clinical reports are filed in chart for review. Calls offices for reports and records as needed.
- Assists with office work including, filing, chart copying, answering telephones and tracking and following up on no-show appointments to the clinic. Calls patients, informs physician and documents on chart.
- Assists with the scheduling process as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability
- Enjoys working with children
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks and assignments
- Demonstrates active involvement as a team member
- Must have the ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, developmental, social, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the practice.
Training & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Graduate from accredited medical assistant program
- Medical assistant certification (CMA)
- Pediatric experience preferred, bilingual helpful
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
Tenet Healthcare - 18 months ago