At Harmony Home Health & Hospice, we are committed to being the Provider and Employer of Choice in each of the communities we serve. We believe we can accomplish this by making a difference in the lives of those we come into contact with, every single day.
With over 450 employees in five locations, Harmony is an industry leader in the communities we serve. We are looking for individuals who share and uphold our values including: compassion, quality, teamwork, honesty, trust, innovation, and enthusiasm. Partnering with Harmony provides you with access to over 16 years of Home Care and Hospice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities *
The home health aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient’s care. Certified Nurse Aides employed with Harmony may serve home health, hospice, and pediatric patients.
- The home health aide is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
Harmony Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Appropriately assists clients with personal care activities in accordance with the personal care plan including:
- Baths (tub, shower, bed bath)
Oral care, denture care, skin care, foot care
Grooming (shampoo, dry and comb hair, shave, cleaning & filing of nails)
Elimination needs (bedpan, commode, toilet)
Transferring (bed to chair, to wheelchair, to tub, to shower, Hoyer)
Dressing and undressing activities
Assistance with ambulation
Assist patient with range of motion exercises
Perineal Care, Incontinent Care, Bowel Care
- Appropriately assists with household tasks directly essential to the client’s health and in accordance with the personal care plan including:
- Preparation and set up of nutritious meals
Assisting in feeding client as directed
Light housekeeping of client’s immediate environment
Change linen, make bed
Laundry of client’s clothing and bedding
- Accurately measures and record temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training limitations of the aide).
Demonstrates appropriate and safe knowledge/use of equipment (Hoyer lifts, side rails, wheelchairs, oxygen, etc.) within training limitation.
Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an extension of therapy service as ordered (within training limitation).
Accurately and thoroughly documents service provided in accordance with agency policy and the personal plan of care on day services are rendered.
Qualifications and Experience
Current CPR card, drivers license, auto insurance and TB test to be kept on file.
A criminal background check must be performed upon hire.
- Completion of training/testing of certification/registration to meet or exceed that required by state regulations.
Must be 18 years of age
Good organization and communication skills.
Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given in English.
Have a reliable means of transportation; maintain auto insurance and driver
Harmony Home Health - 20 months ago