Assist clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient focused care system and under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse.
Supports and promotes excellence in customer/guest relations.
1. Assists all patients, family members/significant others, physicians, visitors and
employees in a friendly manner.
2. Introduces self and uses caring, thoughtful words either in person or on the
3. Demonstrates ethical and appropriate behavior for clinical environment to
include, but not limited to, dignity, patient's rights and privacy, and the
maintenance of confidentiality of patient information.
4. Demonstrates caring. If unable to assist an individual in needs, offers to find
someone who can.
5. Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette. If transferring a telephone call,
announces the caller and briefly explains the situation before ending the
6. Always makes eye contact when speaking with patients, family member
or significant others, visitors, employees, etc.
7. Knocks before entering a room or office.
8. Addresses all individuals courteously.
9. Keeps voice down; does not shout or use improper language.
10. Responds to all inquiries promptly and courteously.
11. Works together in the spirit of teamwork.
12. Shares information so that the people who need to be aware of the facts
Doctors Hospital at Renaissance - 16 months ago