As a Certified Nursing Assistant, you ensure our residents are safe and secure, receiving consistent quality of care. It is, for the most part, the physical level of caregiving and our FIRST priority. Satisfying these needs consistently will build trust in our Friends, allowing us to move more freely and regularly into acts of compassion and creating extraordinary experiences. Compassion creates a space where our Friends feel loved, needed and protected; and Experience, through a gained knowledge and heart for our Friends' life stories, allows us to create extraordinary moments in their lives. As a Bickford Family Member you have the opportunity to make a difference, perhaps the difference in someone’s life.
- Certification of Nurse Aide Course work.
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out simple instructions.
- Willingness to assist not only with resident care, but housekeeping, laundry, serving meals, clean up, and activities.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. These physical demands must be met by a family member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job .
- Ability to adapt and complete other chores as assigned.
- Basic experience of appropriate documentation in resident files.
- Successful demonstration of interpersonal relationship skills.
- Proven ability to organize time effectively.
- Proven willingness to work with licensed management in accordance with delegation activities as provided by the Nurse Practice Act.
- Experience in Senior Living specifically with assisted living.
- Strong understanding of maintaining confidentiality of residents, caregivers, and guests.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.