Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) are responsible for providing basic patient care under the direct supervision of the registered nurses responsible for patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads and follows the resident’s care card for each of assigned residents for daily personal care needs, treatments and therapies.
Follows up with the nurse for clarification of information and direction.
Offers suggestions if sees a better way to meet resident’s needs.
- Provide and document personal care services such as bathing, toileting, feeding, skin care, hair care, dental care etc.
- Assist residents in plan of rehabilitation by assisting with transfers, walking, and other physical, speech or occupational therapy activities as established by the therapist.
- Document observations and services provided daily.
- Report observations and activities to the primary nurse or therapist responsible for the patient.
- Notify the clinician immediately of any change in client's condition which may professional intervention.
- Promote resident’s involvement and independence to the extent the resident is able.
- Assists with and/or performs procedures as outlined and according to policy with proper instruction and supervision such as: admitting, transferring, discharging residents.
- Observes and reports to nurse resident’s physical condition, behavior, reactions and appetite and any changes from usual.
Reports any hazardous condition that may jeopardize resident, visitor, or staff safety.
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must be certified in
as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
Rochester General Health System
- 2 years ago - save job