Provides quality nursing care to residents; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
ESSETIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality while providing individualized attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and answering residents' call lights promptly and courteously.
2. Understanding and ensuring that individualized care plans are followed and providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information, changes and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
3. Attends to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements.
4. Provides care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
5. Protects the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy.
6. Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents' weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving,
and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
7. Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies while performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
8. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
9. Responsible for following universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
10. Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
11. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, planning and completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, utilizing appropriate judgment.
12. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
A minimum of three months' prior nursing assistant experience in long-term care preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent. Must hold current Certification in State or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment.Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems.
Sign- on bonus: No
Prestige Care, Inc. - 14 months ago
Prestige Care operates Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care communities in eight US states. Although...