Within the scope of practice, provides professional certified nursing assistant care and assists in providing patient health care services, ensuring a safe environment in accordance with regulatory, clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
Able to effectively care for patients. Must possess a current Nevada Driver License, along with a vehicle to provide transportation. Able to lift, walk, carry and stand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attend bi-monthly case conferences and staff meetings.
2. Attend in-service and education programs.
3. Provide in-home nursing assistant care within scope of practice.
4. Shall follow patient plan of care in accordance with State, Federal and administrative guidelines.
5. Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides hands-on personal care, and performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services assistance in ambulating or exercise.
6. Responsible for collecting data related to health status by collecting, reporting and recording basic objective and subjective data on the CNA clinical notes.
7. Responsible for completing visits in a timely manner and in accordance with set frequency, and returning all subsequent clinical notes to the office no later than 48 hours after completion of visit.
8. Assist Licensed professionals in the planning and revision of the patient’s plan of care.
9. Responsible for following patient’s plan of care that has been developed by a Registered Nurse. Duties may include assistance with ADL’s, bladder training, taking of vital signs, monitor patient’s weight, transferring patient, light housekeeping, and emotional comfort.
10. Ensure that all change in status of patient is reported immediately to case manager, DPS, PT, OT, and is properly documented.
11. Follow all home health/hospital clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
12. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all assignments.
13. Report all instances of patient abuse and any fraudulent activity in accordance with State, Federal and Administrative guidelines.
14. Assist RN in monitoring of patient care.
15. Ensure that the RN has provided he/she with a supervisory visit present/not present every 14 days.
16. Promote and maintain effective relationships and communication with the department, physicians, and among other hospital departments.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
2. Previously demonstrated organizational, priority setting, and decision-making skills.
3. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, showing initiative and being a self-starter.
4. Ability to work effectively with all facility staff, physicians and their staff to ensure cooperation and excellence in patient satisfaction.
5. Available to work a fluctuating schedule, which may include working weekends and holidays.
6. Must have a current Nevada Drivers License.
7. Must be available for assigned duties, a dependable vehicle with current Nevada registration, which is insured in compliance with State Statutes and has a medical clause.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Current CNA licensure by Nevada State Board of Nursing.
2. Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
3. At least one (1) year of Home Health experience.
Boulder City Hospital - 12 months ago