Performs direct patient care under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse. Maintains a safe patient care environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities that foster the goals of the hospital's mission and vision statements.
When functioning as a Tech First Assistant (Tech III), demonstrated knowledge of surgical assisting and closure.
· Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
· Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, physical examination data norms, and care of patients.
· Ensures the privacy of our patient and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
· Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
· Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills, and prioritize work.
· Documents all patient care.
· Demonstrates ongoing communication with nurse regarding patient's condition.
· Promotes customer service initiatives.
· Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
· Completes mandatory education.
· Complies with hospital policies/procedures and patient safety initiatives.
· Knowledge of aseptic technique, sterile environments, instrument care and handling.
· Ability to work as a team player and meet the needs of the surgical team.
Job Qualifications include:
· Good communication skills
· Graduate of an accredited surgical technology school or equivalent experience or training; Certification preferred
· American Heart Association (Health Care Provider) BLS within hire