At Verizon, we feel we have more satisfied professionals than the average company. Why? We attract individuals who can achieve a healthy balance between helping the company succeed and advancing their own careers. The result is an energized, team-oriented environment where individual contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Channel Manager is primarily responsible for the identification, development, and business growth of business-focused indirect channel partners. He or she will Interface with Business Selling Partners (Indirect Channel Partners) within the Public Sector business segment and manage sales/program engagement support for Selling Partners. This position is required to ensure that Verizon achieves sales revenues by developing programs to recruit and manage Selling Partners that will achieve targeted growth rates of both Wireless and Wireline products and Services.
Required Skills & Experience:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Develop and execute partner recruitment strategies and tactical plans for multiple Channel partners to include Sourcing new partners.
- Negotiate and close channel partner agreements.
- Ensure that the Channel is correctly activated, with all necessary training and communication material.
- Provides sales support to channel partners for all new business that is not directed at restricted accounts.
- Organize support of the Channel including assistance in qualifying opportunities and moving them through the sales process.
- Facilitate all contract language negotiations with proper Legal resources within Verizon.
- Drive increased revenues by assisting all channel partners, agents, sub agents etc. to sell Verizon Products and Services (Voice, data, Security, Cloud, M2M Applications.
- Review Channel Performance and programs on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility for ensuring the smooth implementation of Channel partner programs, productivity tools and on-line services.
- Coordinate product presentations, demonstrations, and proposals for the benefit of the Channel.
- Manage "Sales Force" metrics and dashboards for Channel performance.
- Develop and maintain a hiring funnel for new partners and agents as required.
- Prepare rolling 3 month forecast each month and provide variance analysis on deviations from prior forecast.
- Conduct, monthly reviews with Verizon Management team with respect to sales forecasts, opportunities and service delivery issues associated with achieving the sales forecast.
- As required, develop action plans designed to increase sales productivity.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Ability to find creative solutions to resolve complex, difficult problems
Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Ability to use personal computer and software applications (e.g., Salesforce)
Advanced contract and strategic negotiating skills
Advanced knowledge of wireline and wireless Products ( Voice, Data, Wireless, M2M, Security Services, Cloud Services, etc.)
Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels of management and personnel
Strong business acumen and knowledge of Wireless and Wireline business practices
Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Extensive knowledge of Channel sales and multi-tier reseller business models
Prior successful sales track record, proven leadership ability, and knowledge of wireless industry required. This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment.
Prefer Bachelor's degree in marketing, technology or related field.
Sales and large accounts experience - 6 years
Experience within Channel sales - 3 years
Management experience - 3 years
You don't get to be a leader in global communications without learning a thing or two about what it takes to stay out in front. Not to mention the types of people a company needs to make it happen. We look for individuals who are motivated by the success of their team and by the success of their careers. That's the formula for success at Verizon. If it's yours as well, apply right away.
Back to Search Results
What makes a great career? If you ask us, we’ll tell you that it’s the experience, the people and the sense of pride that comes...