Channel Sales Director, LACA Region (Latin America, Caribbean)
Building and on-going management and relationship building of Resellers, VARS, OEMs and other GTM partners located in Latin America for the Marketing Cloud.
Key Attributes Needed for this Position:
• Channel development experience
• Business development experience
• Sales skills
• Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Executive relationship experience
• Consulting skills/experience
• Entrepreneurial drive
• Planning, tracking and project management capabilities
• Able to handle multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
• Account management experience
• Ability to converse in multiple languages (Spanish or Portuguese preferred)
Overview of the position General overview responsibilities are broken down in three categories:
1. Channel Partner Management
2. Procedural Development
3. Partner Type Specific Responsibilities
Channel Partner Management
Recruitment of New Resellers
• Indentify, interview, perform due diligence on prospective partners. Go through agreement process for qualified candidates.
• Build a matrix reseller structure in each country/region (i.e. Brazil). Focus coverage by industry, geography, and specialty (corp vs agency)
• Hit corporate objectives of matrixed coverage in the area of responsibility
New Partner On-board Implementation
• Provide a consistent and professional on-boarding process for new partners by acting as the main project manager for partner implementation
o Interact with appropriate MC personnel to execute successful on-boarding process
• Strategy development
o Create a written management plan for each partner during implementation
o Work with partners to co-create and document sales strategies and goals
Relationship development building
• Build and maintain strong positive working relationships with partner’s management team, sales and operational personnel
• Develop long-term relationships with the partners
• Bring new thought leadership to the partners, and vice versa back to MC
• Maintain high levels of partner & customer satisfaction
Sales Assistance in driving sales and market growth
• Hit target ACV revenue objectives via the partner channel in the region
• Oversight of partners for compliance of the partner specific agreement
• Track sales progress of resellers to predetermined goals and objectives
• Drive Top 25 customers in each country/region
• Conduct periodic review of goals and plans with the partners
• Audit partner’s use and positioning of the MC brand in the local geographic marketplace
• Suggest and implement corrective actions for partners who fail to comply with MC agreement and brand strategies
• Assure that all partners who receive direct leads from MC follow-up those leads quickly & professionally. Track leads back to MC marketing team
• Establish on-going communications programs for managed partners that aligns to the WW program
• Dissemination of new information to partners as new product features and enhancements are created, and additional thought leadership materials are created
• Demonstrations of critical new product features in subsequent releases of MC
Partner Portal Managemen
• Maintain partnership information on Salesforce.com and other portals, as required
• Educate partners in the effective use of the portals; monitor partner’s actual use of this resource vs. the effectiveness of the partner’s sales in the market; Make improvements for deficient use
• Create repository of multilingual information and tools designed to assist partners in the marketing and selling of MC in local markets
• Work with MC marketing team and with the core LACA team to implement LACA marketing programs, including conference participation, lead generation programs, email marketing, etc
• Coordinate with community team to educate partners about MC's community engagement strategy and help them implement that strategy
• Assist each partner in the creation of four or more case studies per year (per partner)
Partner Type Specific Responsibilities
• Process orders and change orders for responsible partners according to the SFDC order entry process
• Assist the worldwide team in the development of due diligence criteria for prospective partners
o Help better define due diligence required to find the best partner candidates
• Advance development in geographic markets
o Create partner growth strategies in geographic markets
o Provide intelligence, and market research on geographic markets that help the alliance team select and target additional reseller candidates in certain geographic markets
• Monitoring local markets
o Using MC tool and other methods monitor MC/partner presence and brand buzz in the local markets to measure partner's marketing effectiveness and to audit partner messaging
• Minimum 10 years experience in the following areas: alliances, marketing, consulting or sales, of which a minimum of 3 years must be working as an alliance manager.
• Demonstrated ability to drive significant revenue (at least $3M) through alliance partnerships.
• Experience with creating and building differentiated relationships with partners.
• Strategic thinker with who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives.
• Ability to create credible business cases highlighting revenue growth opportunities.
• Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies including senior level executives, legal, finance, support, sales and marketing experts.
• Engagement at executive level to agree go to market activities in a particular industry and/or territory
• You must be comfortable with complexity, and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrates use of critical thinking techniques.
• You must be able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations: can gain concessions without damaging the relationship; has a "win-win" philosophy.
• Experience of working with consulting organizations in multiple countries, ideally in an OnDemand , CRM environment or Social Media environment.
• Ability to influence functional groups to a shared vision.
• Highly motivated and independent contributor.
• High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business.
• Willing and able to travel domestically & internationally.
• Bachelor's degree or other significant business experience, MBA or technical advanced degree (or equivalent) is a plus.
Radian6 - 19 months ago