Channel Sales Representative-Lagasse
This position assists in growing sales and increasing profitability of New Channel accounts across Business Units (Lagasse, ORS and United Stationers) by supporting assigned Resellers, developing and strengthening external and internal business relationships. Monitors assigned accounts, assists in the introduction of new products and process changes, and provides overall sales support with cross selling/cross referencing opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a positive Reseller relationship to ensure continued business and profitability, providing call support, including inventory availability, cross selling and cross reference and bid work.
- Assists in the resolution of customer issues, communicating with various departments to research and resolve. Provides various status reports back to individual Channel accounts.
- Explores new business opportunities, within new and existing accounts.
- Assists in the introduction of new products.
- Negotiates and authorizes special pricing on individual orders.
- Travels as needed for customer sales representative training, trade shows and smaller customer account reviews, from 4-6 times/year.
- Attends manufacturer product training to expand product/market knowledge.
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Ability to support growth in revenue and margin with assigned Resellers by cross selling and product introductions.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Professionalism, with ability to balance urgency and decisiveness with customer service and attention to detail.
- Solid PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Some travel required, 4-6 times/year.
- Diplomacy in dealing with conflict resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years prior Customer Service / Inside Sales experience required.
United Stationers - 9 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...