Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
• Graduation from an accredited college and seminary
• Ordained in a denomination
• A minimum of four units of accredited Clinical Pastoral Education training, including 1 residency year.
• Two years' experience in the ministry
• A Masters of Divinity from a certified theological school with an emphasis in pastoral counseling and pastoral theology stongly preferred.
• Certified or eligible for certification in the Association of Professional Chaplains.
• Two to three years experience in a hospital or hospice setting.
1.Incorporates a commitment to quality, which focuses on the needs of patients and families.
2. Provides spiritual care, pastoral counseling, crisis ministry and end of life care for patients and families. Facilitates groups for patients and families.
3. Provides support and counsel to staff.
4. Oversees the design and implementation of appropriate materials and forms.
5. Provides rituals and/or memorial services for patients, families and staff.
6. Participates in community and volunteer education programs.
7. Provides education programs and/or consultation to interdisciplinary team and other health care staff on end of life, bereavement, spiritual issues and/or ethical decision-making, among others.
8. Develops, facilitates, and supervises bereavement groups for hospital families and community clients as appropriate.
9. Supervises chaplain interns and/or volunteer chaplains.
10. Performs all required responsibilities/duties addressing the bereavement needs of the patients and families serviced.
11. Provides spiritual care and/or counseling to each referred client.
12. Refers hospital clients to appropriate resources.
13. Serves as hospital liaison to community clergy and religious groups.
14. Leads meetings associated with the work of chaplaincy and participates on hospital committees as directed.
15. Works effectively within the chaplaincy team and intra-departmentally to facilitate the
department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
16. Documents each patient or family interaction in the patient’s electronic chart.
This is a Casual position.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 12 months ago
Chaplain - Casual
Hennepin County Medical Center
Hennepin County Medical Center
- 30+ days ago