The homecare industry is revolutionizing healthcare in America. And Emerald Coast Hospice, a Gentiva Health Services, Inc. managed company, is leading that revolution with exceptional clinical care, innovative solutions and uncompromising service. Gentiva offers an employment package that includes education and training, comprehensive benefits and a positive work environment.
As a Chaplain , you will:
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients/families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development in the Interdisciplinary Group Plan of Care to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients/families/caregivers.
- Serve as a liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors and documents direct services and on-going communication.
- Documents clinical records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policy and procedure review and revision.
- Serves as a member of the Interdisciplinary Group, providing consultation, education, and support on spiritual care.
- Attends patient care conferences.
- Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient/family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education through congregations about hospice care.
- Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
- Assists in planning annual memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team.
- Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patient/families/caregivers.Performs other related duties to accomplish the objectives of the position.
- Provides support to family members in the period of bereavement in coordination with other team members.
- Assists in reviewing chaplain programs/services, at least annually, to assure spiritual objectives are being met, and makes recommendations accordingly.
expect more from Emerald Coast Hospice
- Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (Preferred BD, MDiv or equivalent theological degree.) Must possess a certificate of ordination.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a pastoral ministry. Hospice experience preferred.
We give you everything you need to make the most of your career, including skilled, collaborative associates; a team-oriented approach and the resources of a national company. When you work for a Gentiva managed company, you can expect more: more opportunities, more challenges, more rewards . That’s why Gentiva is the employer of choice for some of the most experienced and talented people in the healthcare industry.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at 1.877.44.HOSPICE.
- Emerald Coast Hospice is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Gentiva Health Services - 16 months ago
Gentiva Health Services is a gentle giant. As one of the nation's largest home health care and hospice services firms, the company...