Chaplaincy ministries exist out of our mission as a Christ-centered community in the art of becoming disciples of Jesus. As a Christian University community within the Wesleyan tradition, we intentionally seek to invest in the lives of each other. We intentionally provide holistic opportunities and space for the spiritual formation as individuals and for the spiritual maturation as a community of faith. Our desire is to grow together and help one another toward spiritual maturity in Christ while preparing for integration in the larger communities.
PLNU believes in healthy transformational growth and desires for our life-together to be Christ-centered. We prayerfully move forward humbly in God’s grace to love and serve in Christ’s name, while being a people inhabited by His Spirit.
Description of Internship:
This internship is specifically designed as an apprenticeship in vocational (not necessarily occupational) ministry and missions. It is an opportunity to explore how ministry fits into each of our lives as disciples of Christ even if we are not going into an occupational field of ministry or missions while being immersed in a University ministry setting. This position will entail help in facilitating some logistics in the Chaplaincy Ministries office with possible engagement in; Chapel, Time Out (in collaboration with ASB ), and other Spiritual Development events.
This position requires a FULL YEAR commitment.
• Willing to be in an apprenticeship with the Chaplain (including weekly 1 hr meetings)
• Committed to a lifestyle that reflects one in the art of becoming a disciple of Christ such as; personal devotion, prayer, acts of compassion, and intentional & reflective study of God’s Word as well as active participation in worship and involvement in a local church.
• Available for possible collaborations with the Chapel Planning Committee
• Help with Chapel and other Chaplaincy Ministry logistics
• Help with coordinating Convergence in partnership with Norm Shoemaker
• Committed to developing hospitable relations and serve where needed with fellow ministry leaders, the Chaplaincy Ministries Team & the Spiritual Development Staff
• Attend LEAD Week & NSO
• Committed to the Point Loma Nazarene University lifestyle guidelines
These requirements are vitally important to the health and vitality of the Chaplaincy Ministries Program. As a ministry leader and a peer aiming to foster discipleship and fellowship in our community, your commitment and integrity are imperative. It is crucial to understand that an inability to comply with these requirements may result in a requested withdrawal from leadership. If you have any questions or conflicts about any of these requirements, prayerfully consider your application and discuss them during your interview.
Must be currently enrolled at PLNU .
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Be able to lift 20 lbs.
• Complete the application by Sept 21
• Interviews will be held 23-28th
• Acceptance notification will be sent Oct 1
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For More Information
Contact: Tim Whetstone, Director of Chaplaincy Ministries (Timwhetstone@pointloma.edu or ext. 2961)
Point Loma Nazarene University - 19 months ago