Receives and analyzes all charge correction requests for the GPG departments and PUBS, including RMS edits, by utilizing the IDX Billing System and SMS accurately and efficiently. Makes certain that all edits needed of the approximate $18.5 million in charges posted to the A/R monthly are completed in a timely manner. Provides feedback to the GPG departments on charge submission errors to reduce occurrence. Provides feedback to GPG departments and PUBS staff through the Charge Entry Manager and/or Claims Processing Supervisor and Charge Entry Supervisors on erroneous correction requests.
- Minimum of 2 years charge entry and/or claims processing experience with a minimum of 1 year of charge edit experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least two years of college preferred.
- Knowledge of the charge entry and claims processing policies, procedures and practices in clinical practice setting, including knowledge of basic billing as related to ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding.
- Excellent data entry and keyboarding with a minimum of 50 wpm (alpha and numeric).
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a deadline-driven and production-oriented workplace.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accouting, Finance, Accountant, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...