JOB TITLE: CHARGE NURSE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF NURSING
RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide nursing care to residents as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with standards of nursing practices, regulations and directed by the Director of Nursing. To lead or direct licensed and non-professional staff in the delivery of direct Resident care and support functions.
· Must have a current LVN/RN licenses.
· Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral or written instructions in English.
· Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
· Ability to work flexibly and positively with intermittent interruptions.
1. Provides the best possible nursing care by planning, organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients on the unit.
2. Makes nursing assignments appropriate to the skill level of employees.
3. Maintains acceptable standards of patient care.
4. Identifies problems and guides personnel to their solution.
5. Creates a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
6. Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
7. Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
8. Is able to use AccuNurse system to convey/receive resident information.
9. Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
10. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors.
11. Obtains and documents nursing history from the patient and/or significant other that is comprehensive of present condition and prior problems.
12. Performs basic assessment of the patient, indicating adequate knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
13. Records vital signs, notes changes, and pursues more-specific investigation as needed.
14. Assesses for and notifies physician and other appropriate parties of changes in condition.
15. Uses assessment information to develop a care plan before the end of duty time that communicates enough information for incoming personnel to adequately care for the patient.
16. Uses care plans as a basis for providing safe and therapeutic care to patients.
17. Consistently follows established standards, policies, and procedures in providing nursing care.
18. Accepts accountability for clinical care of assigned patients, including supervision of nonprofessional personnel.
19. Communicates with the patient and his or her family and other members of the health care team in carrying out the goals of the care plan.
20. Performs competently those technical skills considered basic to the type of care given on that unit.
21. Responds appropriately in urgent and/or emergency situations.
22. Supports standards of nursing care through adherence to existing policies and procedures.
23. Seeks guidance when encountering nursing procedures and responsibilities that have not been mastered.
24. Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family
members and guests
25. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional
26. Use appropriate work place behavior and adhere to dress code at all times.
WORK CONDITIONS: As assigned; including some weekends, evenings and holidays.
Non - Exempt Position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
Senior Care Centers - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard