ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepares and reviews all charges to ensure accuracy and completeness for submission.
· Receives incoming charges, verifies completeness of information, and posts required charge information according to established procedures and accuracy.
2. Enters documentation and adjustments through computer system.
· Enters proper information into appropriate computer system with consistent accuracy, and within established timeframes.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of documentation procedures, chart forms and medical/pharmaceutical terminology.
· Updates system information daily according to charges received and processed. Documents any changes on a daily basis.
3. Reviews and identifies charge discrepancies and completes all requests for r ebilling.
· Reviews charge summaries on each patient bill that is produced and identifies any discrepancies.
· Ensures appropriate charge capture and assists in tracking lost charges.
One-year experience in high-volume medical insurance billing required.
High school graduation preferred.
General Health System - 10 months ago