PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: |
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible. Assists customers by: (examples include)
Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.Operates cash register accurately and scans product, (where applicable).Redeems promotional coupons, food stamps, WIC checks, issues rain checks, receives cash, checks, completes credit-card charge transactions, in-store charges and figures discounts, as well as, counts back change and issues receipts.Places merchandise in bags or boxes, gives packages to customers, and assists courtesy personnel as needed.Answers customer questions and concerns and follows-up with appropriate personnel.Understands and follows local, state, and company policies on sales of tobacco, liquor, and lottery tickets.Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and food stamps.Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.Stocks, faces, rotates merchandise, cleans shelves, understands shelf tags, knows location of merchandise in the store and also in the back room, and takes customers to an item when requested.Perceives immediate surroundings for customer needs and problems for store safety and security.Communicates clearly and distinctly on the intercom or telephone system.Reviews weekly store ad to note price changes and sale items.Keeps register area clean, ensures adequate supplies are ready and available, reports improper cash levels in cash drawer, and helps maintain the store appearance.Compares totals on cash register with amount of currency in register to verify balances at the beginning and end of work shift, (where applicable).May give cash refunds or issue credit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise or know where to direct the customer.Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Assists store management as required (i.e., store displays, decorations for special promotion/events).
- Knows code dates on perishable items and can explain to customers.
- Changes register tape and ribbons as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must be able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (Can be accommodated)
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: *Balancing, *stooping, *kneeling, *crouching, reaching, *standing, *walking, *pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions (These can be accommodated for solely stocker or checker duties.) *These can be accommodated for a checker. These can be accommodated for a stocker.
- 2 years ago - save job
Give Hy-Vee a high five for being one of the largest privately owned US supermarket chains, despite serving some modestly sized towns in the...