General Summary of Duties :
Responsible to assist the Executive Chef with the day-to-day running of the department and be responsible for the outlet and overall quality of products produced while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in designated work areas.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Ability to grasp, lift, move, or push goods on cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 pounds. Ability to work in confined spaces. Sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in the kitchen locations of the property. Exposure to chemical cleaning solvents. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Design and implement menus for the particular outlet as established by the Executive Chef.
2. Provide recipes, training, and experience to all staff.
3. Ensure food is handled, processed, and stored in accordance with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program.
4. Ensure good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel.
5. Coordinate with other departments regarding menu implementation or banquets.
6. Schedule labor force and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel.
7. Ensure compliance by all culinary personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies, and procedures.
8. Plan, manage, and monitor work as well as hiring, communicating, coaching staff, and building relationships.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP. Knowledge of all kitchen equipment operations. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent. Culinary or apprenticeship program required.
Relevant experience in a high quality, high volume, and multi-unit operations preferred. Five years experience as a chef de cuisine preferred.
Food Safety Employee Training required.
Fontainebleau Resorts - 12 months ago