Generally responsible for performing all aspects for complete design of complex chemical/process engineering assignments. Work at this level requires extensive progressive experience in chemical/process engineering and involves applying advanced engineering techniques and analysis. This work will be performed under minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting standards.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
- Developing conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest, most efficient approach to solving engineering tasks at hand.
- Producing estimate level preliminary designs and material take-offs suitable for the level of the estimate being performed on a project.
- Producing detail design calculations and sketches for materials of construction associated with the project. Calculations produced will be neatly prepared and organized for efficient checking by others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as a deliverable when required.
- Producing designs with efficient use of construction materials with an overall emphasis on ease of construction and completed product meeting the expectations of the client.
- Checking calculations made by other engineers to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and conformance to good engineering practice.
- Assisting the drafting group in resolving routine layout and detailing problems. It is your responsibility to furnish sufficient sketches and details necessary for completion of engineering drawings.
- Consulting with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for the scheduled completion of the project.
- Advising the senior engineer concerning design or scope changes, which have been identified.
- Assisting other engineers in developing and assembling scopes, drawings and specifications into a “package”, enabling chemical/process purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of materials or subcontract pricing.
- Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for chemical/process input.
- Developing construction specifications.
- Reviewing fabrication drawings and other construction submittals for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Performing fieldwork necessary to gather field data, check tie-ins and provide construction support.
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced drafting and engineering personnel in the department.
- Knowledgeable of the discipline specific methods, practices and techniques required to engineer, design and construct process and manufacturing projects.
- Applying advanced engineering techniques and analysis to complex designs.
- Estimating and scheduling professional service hours and assessing the progress and quality of chemical/process work.
- Complete understanding of the skills and experience required to perform engineering and design functions.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineer registration preferred.
- Position requires 5 to 10 years of relevant industrial experience in chemical/process engineering.
- Knowledge and application of the Standard Building Code.
- Experience with chemical/process computer programs.
- Knowledge of the discipline specific methods, practices and techniques required to engineer, design and construct process and manufacturing projects.
- Able to lead a small team to deliver on commitments.
- Able to deliver convincing presentations of Hargrove Engineers + Constructors services.
- Working knowledge of CAD software, either AutoCAD, Microstation or both.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders or perform duties utilizing a safety harness.
- Ability to perform duties within confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a fire-retardant jumpsuit, safety glasses, ear plugs and/or hard hat.
- Ability to lift and carry in excess of 10 lbs.
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors - 2 years ago
Since 1995, Hargrove Engineers + Constructors has served the needs of industry through its dedication to the client’s best interests....