This is a technical sales position with responsibility for Chemical Analysis instrument product sales in the East Territory. For example, laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) instrumentation provides elemental analysis for a wide range of materials and are used in steel, pharmaceutical, chemical, etc. industries. The Sales Specialist plans and implements sales strategies and tactics for the region to achieve sales volumes consistent with business goals.
This position will be based in a home office and will be responsible for the US Territory east of the Mississippi River.
1. Develops and implements strategic and tactical sales plans to achieve sales volumes in the assigned region consistent with annual business goals.
2. Sells directly to customers and prospects in the assigned region at volume levels consistent with annual business goals.
3. Gives company overview or technical/product presentations to various organizations and conference attendees.
4. Gives effective, solutions-oriented sales presentations and product demonstrations as required to secure orders for TSI. Attends appropriate conferences and trade shows to promote TSI’s interests.
5. Provides market input to Product Marketing. Maintains and increases knowledge of chemical analysis techniques, customer applications and the latest technical advances within industry.
6. Travels up to 60% to meet with customers and prospects as required within the assigned region.
7. Provide a monthly sales forecast for the next 3 months.
8. Provide input into the annual budget process and manage expenses to budget
Required: Bachelor degree in engineering, science or a relevant technical discipline OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired: Advanced technical degree and/or Master’s degree in business.
Required: Minimum 5 years of experience and proven success with direct sales of technical products, preferably laboratory or research instruments. Experience performing product demonstrations also required.
Desired: Experience selling elemental and/or molecular analysis instrumentation.
3. Core Competencies:
- Ability to assess technical needs/application requirements, formulate solutions, and present them effectively and persuasively.
- Demonstrate competency in basic selling skills. Self-motivated and directed.
- Evidence of positive sales track record. Effective in territory planning and time management.
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software for managing prospects and for generating leads.
- Proven ability to excel in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on multiple projects and excel in a results-oriented work environment.
- Highly skilled in making presentations to audiences of different participants and size (sales staff, technical and non-technical staff).
4. Candidates must be able to work for any company in the United States without sponsorship.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Careers at TSI - 18 months ago