GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Lubricants and Fluids engineer, you will lead research and development activities in the area of Lubrication, Fuels, and Tribology in support of new and existing GE technologies. You will participate in new technology introductions, failure analyses, and development of specifications for GE products and services.
As part of the Global Research Fuels laboratory, you will help to address emerging needs for lubrication in GE technologies such as aircraft engines, oil and gas hardware, reciprocating engines, and wind turbines. You will also work on issues such as filtration, fuel system cleanliness, and sensors. You will use a wide range of experimental, statistical, analytical, and predictive tools in your work.
- Conduct basic and applied in areas related to lubrication, lubricants, fuels, and chemical process engineering and design
- Maintain and communicate up-to date information about commercial and academic developments in the field of lubrication science and engineering.
- Work with GE businesses to perform detailed failure- and root-cause-analyses.
- Scale up and assist in the commercialization of newly developed technology.
- Build internal and external relationships to accelerate technology development.
- Develop new technical ideas in the areas of lubricants and lubricant systems, writing proposals for internal and external funding and collaboration.
- Submit patent disclosures and provide technical input in the patent application process.
- Deliver effective presentations, reports, and publications to Global Research leadership, the GE businesses, government agencies, professional societies, and peer-reviewed journals.
- A Doctorate degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 3 years of R&D experience in the field of lubrication, lubricant chemistry, or material science or a Masters with at least 7 years of R&D experience in the field of lubrication, lubricant chemistry, or material science.
- Demonstrated skill with state-of-the art instrumental and chemical methods for lubricants and fuels.
- Proven ability to lead multidisciplinary technical teams in an R&D environment
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical methods.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Lubricant Formulation, Lubricant Additive Chemistry, Rheology, Analytical Chemistry, Tribology, Corrosion Science and Engineering, or Root Cause Analysis
- Strong publication and /or patent writing track record.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills using innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated capability to work with scientists and engineers from disciplines different than own.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across all functions and levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet business deadlines.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...