Position: Chemical Engineer - Process
Location : Danbury, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 300 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
Process Engineer will be part of a team responsible for designing fuel cell power plants and development of process flow and costing for both solid oxide and molten carbonate fuel cell power systems
Education: Minimum: BS in chemical engineering with MS in chemical engineering preferred
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in related position
Candidate must have :
- Experience in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) process relating to the chemical or power industries, including: process simulations, process flows, equipment costing, development of PFD, P&ID, controls and instrumentation, HAZOP, and plant layout is required.
- Prior work on design and specification of equipment, pipe sizing, and heat exchanger technology is highly desirable.
- Excellent writing skills and fluency in English language is essential. The candidate will be responsible for writing technical reports, presenting/reporting results to co-workers and external audiences, and assisting with writing project proposals.
- Good communication skills and prior A&E design experience are a plus.
- Experience in cryogenic systems (O2 &CO2) is desired
Candidates must be:
Special Skills: ChemCad process simulation experience is desired.
- Driven to achieve measurable results
- Comfortable working independently in a fast paced environment
- Flexible / Adaptable
- Customer focused
We offer a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
Relocation is available for this positon.
No agencies please.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.