Watermark provides Environmental, Buildings & Facilities, and Infrastructure projects to Government, Municipal and Private Sector clients throughout the country. With extensive Design-Build experience, we are capable of taking a project from an idea, through planning, design, construction and the turn of the key. We begin each project as experts in Operation & Maintenance-a distinct advantage when planning for Project Success!
Environmental * Buildings & Facilities * Infrastructure
Watermark is a certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB/DBE)
Join the Company voted by Inc. Magazine and ZweigWhite as one of the fastest-growing A/E/P & Environmental consulting firms!
WATERMARK is seeking a qualified, motivated and creative professional to fill a key position. We offer excellent compensation packages and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, and an attractive 401(k) plan. We maintain offices in Lowell, MA, Hanover, MA and Newtown, PA.
Chemist/Geo-Environmental Scientist-Newtown, PA or Lowell, MA
The Chemist/Geo-Environmental Scientist supports project managers in the planning and execution of environmental investigation and remediation projects. Typical assignments include the development of sampling plans and work plans, UFP-QAPPS, oversight of field investigations, interpretation of analytical data, and preparation of a wide variety of reports ranging from simple letter documents to complex CERCLA Remedial Investigation and/or Feasibility Study reports. The ideal candidate will have a BS or MS in an appropriate technical field such as Chemistry, Geology, or Environmental Science, several years of experience in executing environmental field investigations, and a proven record of delivering high-quality, on schedule written work products (plans and reports) within established budgets. Work experience should include hands-on multi-media sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, indoor air, etc.), advancement of soil and rock borings using a variety of drilling technologies, installation of monitoring wells, review of analytical laboratory data and interpretation of investigation results. Strong analytical chemistry skills, including knowledge of standard laboratory analytical methods and data validation protocols, are required. Therefore, in addition to the above, work experience may also include direct, hands-on environmental laboratory experience conducting sample preparation, wet and dry chemistry analysis, instrument calibration, etc. Experience with performing ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and hazardous waste site characterization and remediation projects under the MCP (Massachusetts Contingency Plan) or Pennsylvania ACT 2, is desired. Risk assessment experience is a plus. This position is located in either Newtown, PA, or Lowell, MA and requires travel for field assignments.
- Preparation of plans and reports while working under the direction of senior staff.
- Direct field subcontractors and junior field staff during investigations and remediation activities.
- Ensure that project analytical data (both off-site analytical laboratory or field-generated) comply with PARCC (Precision, Accuracy, Representativeness, Comparability, and Completeness) parameters.
- Serve as point-of-contact between the Watermark project team and subcontracted analytical laboratories, identifying and resolving any data issues
- Validate off-site analytical laboratory data in accordance with standard and project-specific protocols and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and quality focused with the ability to meet any challenge
- Ability and willingness to travel for short-term and extended field assignments, including some weekends.
- 2 to 6 years experience in environmental investigation and sample collection, hazardous waste site characterization, and remediation projects under the MCP (Massachusetts Contingency Plan) or Pennsylvania ACT 2.
- Hands-on environmental laboratory experience is a plus.
- Experience developing UFP QAPPs and analytical laboratory scopes-of work.
- Experience reviewing, evaluating and validating analytical laboratory data.
- Chemistry, Geology, or Environmental Science degree preferred.
- Experience in the CERCLA process from PA through RI/FS, and Proposed Plans and Decision Documents, is strongly desired.Experience in DoD environmental investigation and remediation projects is a plus.
- GIS experience a plus.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and up-to-date 8-hour refresher required
- Strong technical writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word™ and MS Excel™.
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple concurrent projects while meeting all schedule, quality and safety requirements
- 20 months ago - save job
Since 1992, Watermark Learning has helped organizations improve productivity and effectiveness through timely and relevant skill...