Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. With over $1 billion in annual revenues and 15,000 employees across 190 sites in 36 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Associate Chemist/Chemist/Japanese translater to support our Pharmaceutical Product Testing group in Lancaster, PA. The chemist in this role will also serve as a translator for a Japanese account.
Members of this group work in an individualized and/or team environment to test finished products (tablets, capsules, suspensions, gels, devices, etc.) using client supplied and compendial methods. Testing includes potency, purity, physical characteristics, and other properties. The majority of testing involves HPLC analysis, but use of other instrumentation is required.
The team serves a variety of pharmaceutical companies and the scope of projects falls within a wide range of the drug development process, from pre-clinical to marketed products. Testing may support toxicology studies, formulation and packaging optimization, process validation, clinical use/supply, expiration dating/stability studies, release to market.
Associate Chemist/Chemist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Perform physical, chemical, and instrumental analysis of active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished pharmaceutical products (tablets, capsules, parenterals, devices, aerosols, liquids, creams, and gels)
· Prepare standards and samples for analysis
· Run the instrumentation independently including, but not limited to, HPLC, IC, UV, KF, Dissolution, physical testing on pharmaceutical products according to client/compendial procedures and departmental SOPs
· Execute method transfer protocols
· Perform monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment
· Work efficiently, document work clearly, and perform tests accurately
· Data review (secondary responsibility); ensure that the client receives quality data by reviewing laboratory data for accuracy, clarity, and adherence to GMP and/or GLP regulations
· Process data, generate reports, and evaluate data
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major).
*Able speak Japanese fluently and the ability to read and translate Japanese into English*
· At least one year related laboratory experience with knowledge of regulatory requirements
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8a.m. -5p.m. with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of...