Build on Your Future
AMRI Is Collaborating With Eli Lilly and Company
Explore a unique chemistry career opportunity working
for AMRI, an industry leader; while gaining valuable
experience at Eli Lilly and Company, a leading
innovative biopharmaceutical company. AMRI is hiring
Research Scientists and Senior Research Scientists to
provide chemistry services at Lilly’s headquarters in
The Research Scientist II/III is expected to demonstrate
expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects
of organic chemistry. Principal responsibility is the
synthesis, purification and identification of chemical
intermediates and target compounds. A major component in
the scientist's performance rating will be based on
literature or in-house notebook procedures.
- Synthesize known compounds efficiently using
modifications of known methods or modification of
- Synthesize new compounds by making appropriate
reaction conditions under minimal supervision
(design of new or alternate reaction sequences is
not a normal expectation, but will enhance the
performance evaluation of the scientist). The range
of reaction types handled capably by the scientist
will be significant.
degree. The scientist will be able to use the full
- Purify synthesized chemicals to an appropriate
range of chromatographic, crystallization and
modern separation and spectroscopic techniques. This
- Analyze and identify compounds using a good range of
will include interpretation of TLC, HPLC,
polarimetry, IR, and NMR spectra of moderate
compounds, structures related to the target
- Conduct literature searches for specific target
compound, or to determine specific conditions for
compounds and reactions.
concurrently. Use time efficiently to produce target
- Organize work time so that several reactions are run
compounds and perform other tasks.
quality of products and/or services.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the
challenging established procedures.
- Find new and better ways of performing job by
experiments and observations.
- Keep accurate, legible and complete records of all
summaries of experimental findings reliably and
- Submit acceptable written periodic reports. Prepare
assigned programs and potential problems. The latter
- Discuss routinely with supervisor the status of
is especially important in cases where the scientist
may be unfamiliar with the reagents or conditions to
occurrences that could adversely effect established
- Communicate orally and in writing unexpected
perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure
- Manage workload and time to enable the incumbent to
all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely
knowledge and experience and apply those concepts,
- Display the ability to assimilate previously gained
techniques, etc. to new and related project areas.
Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner.
Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical
at the federal, state, and local levels.
to specific projects.
- Volunteer to assist with tasks not directly related
equipment and replenish laboratory supplies as stock
- Practice preventive maintenance on laboratory
depletes to prevent laboratory “down-time”.
training of others.
- Participate in self-development activities and
assigned in the course of business.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which
includes: medical, vision, dental coverage, and flexible
spending (all available the first day of employment).
Additionally, we offer a 401(k) savings plan, an
employee stock purchase plan, generous paid time off,
and much more!!
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI) is a global
contract research and manufacturing organization with
more than twenty years’ experience in providing
customers with fully integrated drug discovery,
development, and manufacturing partnerships. AMRI builds
its expert knowledge and advice into customers’ programs
to deliver a complete range of value-added services with
more informed decision-making, resulting in enhanced
efficiency and more successful outcomes at all stages of
the pipeline. AMRI’s smarter options for insourcing and
outsourcing support discovery and development of
pharmaceutical products, manufacturing of API and drug
product for existing and experimental new drugs. With
unrivalled project management and locations in the
United States, Europe, and Asia, AMRI maintains
geographic proximity and seamless delivery across
AMRI has historically leveraged its drug discovery
expertise to progress several internal programs to the
development candidate stage and, in some cases, into
Phase I clinical development. AMRI has successfully
partnered certain programs and is actively seeking to
out-license its remaining programs to strategic partners
for further development.
and significant industrial experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with major in chemistry
- Chemical Hygiene training
- 2-5 years experience
AMRI - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard