The primary responsibility of this position is the timely commercialization and launch of new product lines within the Automotive OE Interior market segment. This position is also accountable for the completion of product maintenance and service projects related to cost savings, manufacturing improvements, product improvements and customer problem solving for multiple existing product lines. Technologies include both solvent based and waterborne coatings in one and two component urethane chemistries.
Strong written and oral communication skills are essential to ensure effective interaction with peers, management and internal/external customers. Responsible for successfully guiding new products through application optimization and OEM specification testing while providing feedback to sales, marketing, technical service and customers. This position also plays a significant role in new technology development initiatives by providing market-specific insight into tier customer and OEM performance and application expectations.
Some travel to customers and internal manufacturing sites is required to gather technical information, conduct line trials and assist in problem-solving efforts.
Understanding of and strict adherence to the internal Quality System is required.
- Five years paint laboratory experience, minimum.
- Strong formulation skills in solvent-based and waterborne coatings, 1K and 2K urethane systems.
- Proficient in paint application techniques.
- Familiarity with OEM performance requirements and test methods.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in managing multiple projects concurrently while meeting project deadlines.
- Must have a standard or better performance rating.
Bachelors Degree - Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
Sherwin- Williams - 12 months ago
No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, PPG...