Senior Subsea Engineer with Business Development Capabilities
Oil and Gas
The Energy business of Atkins has been providing engineering solutions to the Oil & Gas industry since 1975. As the world’s fourth largest global design consultancy, we provide services across a wide range of disciplines and applications covering fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, pipelines and subsea infrastructure.
This person will be responsible for a wide variety of subsea and pipeline engineering studies, design and analysis, primarily for oil and gas clients. Atkins is involved in leading edge pipeline analysis and design for deepwater and HP HT fields: the candidate will have a strong analytical capability. As well as conceptual design, Atkins carries out technical assurance on our clients designs. The role also includes business development and management responsibility for quality of output and helping to grow Atkins’ pipeline capability in Houston.
People’ and ‘Development’ are culturally part of the Atkins DNA. We empower people to develop and take responsibility early within their careers with us, knowing they have the back-up of some of the most talented people in the sector which will provide the support where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in an engineering discipline
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- Experience in the oil & gas subsea engineering industry (10-15yrs)
- Robust working knowledge of pipeline design practices and design codes
- Proven understanding of the integrity issues on subsea pipelines, e.g. lateral buckling, HPHT, corrosion.
- Experience of Field Development, FEED and Concept Studies.
- Understands projects, operations & integrity interfaces with a good appreciation of client’s business drivers
- Local GoM experience and credibility and respect with leading Clients.
- Promote a strong HSE culture
- Self-motivating, with the ability to supervise a team of engineers
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Work with a team of engineers, delivering pipeline engineering support, analysis, design and advice to clients, or to new projects. Including:
- Pipeline design and concept development in liaison with flow-assurance engineers and subsea equipment engineers
- Finite Element Analysis on pipelines
- Pipeline route selection
- Pipeline inspection and condition analyses
- Prepare proposals, including cost estimates, in response to client requests and invitations to tender.
- Responsible for project management of pipeline design, operation and maintenance studies from kick-off through to final reporting, so that all deliverables are achieved according to Atkins QA requirements, client satisfaction, and within the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Work with other Atkins staff on group projects in the provision of integrated consultancy services.
- Experience of managing and coordinating staff job allocations
- Checking, reviewing and approving technical deliverables including reports, technical notes, drawings and engineering calculations.
- Professional development of junior staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- 15 - 25 days Paid Vacation
- 8 days paid public holidays
- 7 days paid sick leave
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- There may a requirement for you to occasionally travel to other company/client sites (both locally and internationally)
- Preferred candidates will have legal authorization to work in the
on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer
Atkins - 20 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...