Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research and other services for clients in business, industry and government.
We currently have an opening for a Chief Advisor of Science, Biosurveilance to lead MRIGlobal Biosurveillance Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation (RDT&E) business area efforts. The Chief Advisor of Science represents one of the highest levels in the technical research career track at MRIGlobal, and must be recognized as a strategic “thought leader” and a national/international subject matter expert.
The Chief Advisor of Science is expected to provide vision and strategic direction for the Biosurveillance business area, develop and direct large and complex projects, and may perform project work when the highest-level of expertise is required. The Chief Advisor will promote cooperation and assemble resources across MRIGlobal operations and divisions to foster teamwork and strengthen interdisciplinary capabilities, grow and diversify business, and bring best value to existing and future clients across MRIGlobal Divisions/Operations.
The Chief Advisor is expected to represent technical excellence in the area of Biosurveillance, provide technical leadership, support the development and implementation of emerging technologies, help foster a culture of innovation within MRIGlobal, and serve as a scientific mentor.
The development of external partnerships will be an important part of the Chief Advisor’s role. The Chief Advisor is expected to persuasively promote ideas and shape opinions in the genomics space within the Biosurveillance community.
The Chief Advisor should convey commitment to understanding and doing what is best for MRIGlobal staff and clients, the global biosurveillance community, and the health and security of the Nation.
The Chief Advisor will report to the Director of the Biosurveillance Division, may have multiple direct reports from within the Biosurveillance RDT&E Section, and will have extensive corporate Business Development engagement. The Chief Advisor will work closely with MRIGlobal staff across all MRIGlobal locations and Divisions/Operations, including Principal Advisor’s of Science within the Biosurveillance Division.
Principal Accountabilities and Success Factors
- Strategic Vision: At the forefront of emerging technological trends and needs within the Biosurveillance community, and significantly contribute to the strategic direction and divisional planning for MRIGlobal’s Biosurveillance business area.
- Thought and Technical Leadership: Develop and direct large programs and relationships with government agencies (DOD, DOE, DHS, NIH, and IC) in the Biosurveillance community.
- Collaboration: Develop partnerships (internal and external) to successfully identify and develop, and sell business with the goal of solving national/global Biosurveillance challenges.
- Recognized as a national/international subject matter expert (technical credibility) as evidenced by publications, professional organization affiliations/involvement, special distinctions, history of funding support, etc.
- Innovation: Appreciate and accept difficult technical challenges and develop potentially transformational solutions for the Biosurveillance community.
- Influence: Promote and persuade the direction and use of genomics technologies within the Biosurveillance community among existing and future MRIGlobal clients.
- Staff Development: Commitment to staff development and scientific mentorship.
- Internal Processes: Support MRIGlobal's internal policies and procedures, quality assurance systems, decision-making channels, communication and planning processes, and financial budgeting.
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences discipline and appropriate related 12 to 15 years of experience.
- Previous .
- The ability to obtain a DoD TOP SECRET security clearance.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MRIGlobal - 12 months ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...