Requisition ID: 19744BR
Job Title: Chief Engineer - Electrical
Business Unit: Shared Services
Country: United States
With Innovation being at the heart of our business, Stryker is looking for a Chief Engineer to be an integral part of our engineering team going forward. This unique opportunity will give someone the chance to utilize their technical expertise, broad knowledge base, and resourcefulness in order to obtain high quality results. This person will constantly be challenged with the most complex technical problems and be given an opportunity to make their mark on our business. Some of the duties include:
Minimum Qualifications for this role include:
- Will determine specific processes, development schedules, and product/component design.
- Will monitor and control progress of project to ensure sound application of engineering principals are being used and design intent is being followed/achieved.
- Coordinates with and/or directs other units, facilities, vendors and managers as needed to ensure specific cost, time, quality and/or specific regulatory standards for products being met.
- Will evaluate results of project and provide manufacturing guidance/assistance as needed.
- Will interact with customers telephonically and in person to resolve product issues and provide technical information.
- Will train others on functional area related topics.
- Will submit periodic reports on assigned projects to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate the activities of 1 or more exempt and/or non-exempt employees.
- Will provide consultation to the department manager with respect to technical/project management proficiency of dotted line subordinates for purposes of their performance appraisals.
- Is to be the primary teacher of technology in the department to which he/she has been assigned.
Percent Travel Required: 10%
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, etc.), power tools and test/inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical design and problem solving skills.
- Effective use of processing, spreadsheet software, E-mail, and other common software applications.
- 10+ years related engineering experience.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or other related engineering disciplines.
Stryker - 11 months ago
Is this an operating room or Dad's workshop? Stryker's surgical products include such instruments as drills, saws, and even cement...