Rating: DDE 4000 HP (minimum)
Documents: STCW, MMD/MMC, TWIC
Recall: Must live within 60 miles of vessel (2 Hour Recall)
Chief Engineer position available aboard an Oil Spill Response vessel located in the Honolulu, HI area. Schedule is M-F 0700-1530 with the ability to go home nights and weekends. Must live within 60 miles of the vessel due to MSRC°s response requirements. This is a dynamic opportunity for a motivated individual to become part of an oil spill response company with a competitive compensation package including great health benefits with an above average 401(k) savings plan. The Chief Engineer is responsible for safe operation and maintenance of all shipboard propulsion, hydraulic, electrical and auxiliary systems aboard the vessel. Experience with Caterpillar engines, hydraulic, electrical and oil recovery equipment is a plus.
- Take charge of the Machinery Department, including fuel, ballast, water tanks, piping and fuel and lube oil inventory of the vessel.
- Carry out the Preventative Maintenance Program and repairs aboard the vessel, as well as, short-term and long-term Preventative Maintenance plans.
- Communicate needs regarding supplies, spare parts, subcontractor assistance and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all maintenance checks are performed on all engineering equipment.
- Completion of required records and reports relating to the Machinery Department.
To apply download this employment application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application URL: http://www.msrc.org/careers/files/Complete_Application.pdf
Marine Spill Response Corporation - 8 months ago